5:30 pm Sunday 15 Mar:
To all members, guests, and staff of AMCC:
Earlier this afternoon, all Board members of the Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club convened an emergency meeting to discuss our response to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Directors voted to close the facility to the public and cancel all remaining curling and facility events through April 15, effective at 4:00 pm today.
Our decision was not an easy one, but given other preventative measures announced by the Province (closing schools for 3 weeks beginning March 23), and City (closure of all city-owned recreation facilities and libraries), there was really no other responsible choice. We realize that this decision creates financial impacts to our contractors, staff, and some leagues; we will be discussing ways of minimizing these impacts in the coming days, and make a final decision on how to proceed at our regular Board meeting (which will be held by teleconference) on March 21.
To facilitate locker clean-up, the following arrangements will be made:
- The facility will be accessible Tuesday, March 17 through Thursday, March 19 for locker clean-up – 2:00 – 4:00 pm and 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Bar and restaurant will be closed; please minimize personal contact with others as much as possible during your stay.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer / disinfectant wipes to clean your hands and locker handles before and after clean-up.
- If you are sick, or fall into one of the self-isolation categories, please stay home. Arrange for a friend or teammate to pick up your belongings and deliver them to you when it is safe to do so. If you are unable to do so, your belongings will remain safe in your locker until the facility re-opens.
Other items to be aware of:
- If you were expecting to participate in upcoming play-off or wind-up activities at the Club, please watch for further information from your league convener.
- If you were entered in the FUNSpiel beginning on March 24, a separate e-mail notification will be provided to all registrants early next week. A full refund will be issued via PayPal, with no action required on your part; please wait up to 14 days for our volunteers to issue those refunds, and the transactions to be processed by your bank / credit card provider.
- The Mens’ Wind-up (scheduled for May) has not yet been canceled or re-scheduled. Tickets will be made available for purchase through our website later this week, so that any teams who have not been able to do so can, and our organizers can make food and golf arrangements.
Board members will continue to monitor the situation, and issue updates on our facility’s status as they unfold (every 30 days, at a minimum). If you have any questions or concerns, please use the contact form on our web site to send us an e-mail: https://curlamcc.ca/index.php/contact-us. Please be patient in waiting for a response, as all of us who respond to e-mail are volunteers.
Until we see you again - please stay healthy, and contribute to the collective efforts in limiting the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your support andf understanding.
-AMCC Board of Directors
Please continue to follow the COVID-19 guidance provided by Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html