The AMCC Youth Program is a developmental program focused on skill development and having fun. We have programs running from October-February for 6-16 year olds.
- Little Rocks (6-9 years): Saturdays, 1:00 - 2:15
- Bantams (10-12 years): Saturdays, 2:30 - 3:45
- Juniors (13-16 years): Saturdays, 4:00 - 6:00
- Youth curling begins Saturday October 21st. There are limited spots still available in all youth programs.
- We are happy to announce that our program has continued to grow this season, exceeding 100 youth curlers for the first time in recent history!
Little Rocks: Each lesson starts with a warm-up, then instructors lead the kids through a few 10-15 minute practice and training lessons before ending the session with a mini-game. There is 4-6 kids and one instructor/volunteer per sheet. We use regular rocks but we have 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 ghost ring sheets so the curlers can move up distances as their strength and balance increases.
Bantam: The first couple lessons are devoted to teaching/relearning curling. We then form teams and each week we start with a warm-up and a short practice session, then move into games for the bulk of the lesson. Teams will also have the occasional week that is devoted to team training instead of a game.
Juniors: We start each week with a warm-up and some team skill-building, take a quick snack-break and then play games for the bulk of the session. Team training weeks are incorporated as able but separate ice time with a coach is also offered when preparing for bonspiels. Juniors are encouraged to volunteer with our younger leagues for volunteer hours.