Members and visitors are asked to please be aware of the following changes affecting evening access to our building, effective immediately:
- Direct access from the outside of the building to the main floor will not be possible after the final draw of the day begins.
- The only access to the building from outdoors after this time will be through the east (Vimy Road) side of the building.
- Anyone who needs to access the main floor will have to do so through the second floor lounge.
Members are reminded of the following security precautions:
- Do not leave valuables in the change rooms or waiting rooms - take them out on the ice while you play.
- Members - please introduce guests to staff on duty (and guests - if you have not been in the building before, please do the same).
- Discreetly report any suspicious activity or individuals to staff on duty - do not confront any involved individuals directly.
If you have any questions about these changes, please speak to the Club Manager or contact her using the contact form on our website.
Our newest Manitoba champions!
Congratulations Team Zacharias (top) and AMCC's Brett Walter (bottom) on winning the TELUS U21 Junior Provincial Championships as well as Team Gauthier Curling on claiming the second berth into the #CJCC2020! Huge congratulations also to Team Serena Gray-Withers on a great week!
Come on out this Sunday (Jan 12) evening to the Assiniboine Memorial CC at 6:30 as we prepare to head out to Langley, BC for the Canadian Juniors. Tickets can be bought from any of the team members or can be purchased at the door for $10. Look forward to seeing you there!
Team Gauthier "Virtual Send-off"
AMCC's Team Jacques Gauthier – with Jacques Gauthier at Skip, Jordan Peters at 3rd, Brayden Payette at Second, Zachary Bilawka at lead and John Lund as coach will head to Langley, British Columbia next week to compete in the Canadian Junior Curling Championships.
After going 8-0 in the Round Robin and playoffs, the boys lost the final at the recent Manitoba Provincial Junior Men’s championship. But because of being finalists at the 2019 Canadian Juniors (Jacques, Jordan and John as Team Ryan), Manitoba was granted an additional spot in the 2020 Canadians when Yukon could not field a team.
While the teams are provided with flights, they are only covered for 67% of their hotel bill and no per diem for meals and incidental expenses. This means substantial costs for the Team.
With only one weekend until the Canadian Juniors, Team Gauthier has opted to not hold a fundraising evening in conflict with events hosted by Team Walter and Team Zacharias, but to have a virtual support option instead.
Any support of the team is appreciated. Thank you!
Jacques, Jordan, Brayden, Zachary and John