To maximize the ability for all players to utilize AMCC’s lounge amenities, and attempt to ensure a fair amount of game time for all teams, the following procedures will be used for Wednesday and Thursday leagues that include early and late draws:
- For contact tracing and recordkeeping purposes, all Wednesday Business Ladies League curlers will be treated as a single unit of players, regardless if a team is playing a late or early game on a given night.
- Similarly - for contact tracing and recordkeeping purposes, all Thursday Mens’ league curlers will be treated as a single unit of players, regardless if a team is playing a late or early game on a given night.
- The early draw will begin play at 7:00 pm as scheduled.
- The 8:40 bell will signal that the current end being played will conclude the game. To be clear – only the current end is to be finished when the bell rings – NOT “current end plus one more.”
- When two sheets have been vacated by the early draw (immediately upon conclusion of the game), the league convener or Board member will notify the ice crew to begin ice preparation for the next draw.
- The late draw teams will be allowed to enter the ice shed only when instructed by the league convener / Board member present, after the ice crew has finished preparing their sheets.
Practice ice booked for 9:15 pm Thursdays will adhere to that scheduled time. Early entry to the ice shed will not be permitted.
Leagues playing on Wednesdays and Thursdays must ensure that all players are aware of the following operating restrictions currently imposed by the Province of Manitoba:
- Bar beverage sales end at 10:00 pm (last call 9:50 pm).
- Curling games must end by 10:50 pm, so that all players can vacate the ice shed and change before the facility closes.
- All lounge patrons and curlers must leave the building, and doors will be locked, by 11:00 pm.
These measures will become effective October 20, and will remain in effect until Level Orange health restrictions implemented by the Province of Manitoba no longer require AMCC’s premises to be vacated by 11:00 pm.