Thank you for everyone who attended our Annual General Meeting on August 26. A lot of great questions were asked and comments provided from our league organizers and members in attendance. All members and interested guests may now view our Return to Play plan at: http://keepcurling.curlamcc.com
- Our plan is not "perfect" yet, and there are some inconsistencies in our documents that we need to iron out - but it is generally correct and "good enough" to start sharing crucial information with all of our current (and potentially new) members.
- At this time, our waivers are available to view on-line, but we would ask members NOT to attempt to fill out and submit them at this time, as we will be making some tweaks to the process based on feedback received yesterday evening. The changes should be in place just and ready to use just after the September long weekend.
Looking forward to a safe and complete season of curling...
AMCC Board of Directors / Return to Play Committee
AMCC's Return to Play committee was formed in mid-July, with the following Board members, staff and volunteers participating to date:
- Kevin Nakonechny
- Jody Smart
- Paul Batchelor
- Matt Rankine
- Ken Onagi
At this time, we can share that our draft plan has been submitted to the Board of Directors for review, and a special meeting has been requested for discussion and approval on August 18. UPDATE: The plan was approved by the Board on August 18, with minor amendments. Following approval, details will first be provided to league conveners by e-mail, before presentation to members (with opportunity for Q & A) at our AGM on August 26.
In general you can expect that we:
- Are planning to open for our usual curling season.
- Are planning to have a modified (three-evening) sign-up event in the club in early September.
- Will be adhering to Return to Play Guidelines provided by Curling Canada / CurlManitoba.
- Will have new procedures and safeguards in place to protect all of our facility's occupants from the spread of COVID-19. Most will be familiar to anybody who has visited a grocery store, restaurant, or bar in the past couple of months.
We appreciate our members' patience as we continue the preparations required for another great season of curling.