Article by Rae Campbell:
History in the making Thursday February 7th as we held the first ever Manitoba Ladies Stick Curling Championships at Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club. Full contingent of 16 teams participated from various clubs in Manitoba - Fort Garry, Petersfield, Assiniboine Memorial, St. Vital, Steinbach, Warren, Granite, Victoria Beach and Springfield. Thank you all for participating. Here are your winners:
- Congratulations to Shelley Schultz and Ina Laird from Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club as they will now represent Manitoba in Cornwall, PEI. later in March.
Presenters were Harold Cook, President of the Manitoba Stick Curling Association and Ernie Oliver, Past President.
- Runner Up to the Champions were Donna Gobeil and Brenda Frank from Fort Garry Curling Club.
- Congratulations to the four other ladies that qualified:
- Joyce Dawydiuk and Betty Piotrowski from St. Vital Curling Club;
- Faye Hodge from Petersfield Curling Club and Liz MacCuish from Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club.
Next on the agenda is the 2019 OPEN Stick Curling Championships to be held in Steinbach, Manitoba commencing on Februray 15th running through to Sunday February 17th. Come on out and watch a few games. We will have the draw up on the MB Stick Curling site so you can follow along if you can’t make it out to watch.
Reminder: Manitoba 55+ Games in Swan River - Stick Curling - March 18, 2019 - Deadline to enter is March 1, 2019.