Immediate Volunteer Requirements
The AMCC Host Committee for the 2018 Senior Men's and Women's Curling Championships requires a number of volunteers to provide a variety of services for curlers and guests during the event (February 21-26, 2018).
- To express interest by completing an online volunteer application - click here (preferred).
- To download a printable version of the application form (drop off completed hardcopies to the club office) - click here.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club could not exist without the dedicated team of volunteers that works behind the scenes to look after most aspects of the club's operations. We are always looking for people who have time and talent to contribute in the following areas:
- Minor building maintenance / repairs (patching, painting, bulletin board cleanup, yard maintenance)
- Advertising and Marketing (signage, in-ice advertising, external promotions)
- Hospitality (restaurant and lounge)
- Special Event / New Business planning and facilitation (bonspiels, suppers, non-traditional curling, other fundraising events)
- Publicity (web, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, print and broadcast media)
- League organization and player recruitment
- Youth and Adult Learn to Curl Program Facilitators
- IT and other technology maintenance and improvement
- *Board of Directors
If you have ideas for contributing to or improving on the experience that we provide, please get in touch with us using our contact form.
In the coming weeks, we will be launching an online volunteer tracking system that will be accessible through the web page you are currently viewing.
- It will allow us to post specific scheduled volunteer activities available within our Club, and allow volunteers to match their interests and availability with those oportunities.
- It will also allow all volunteers to submit "time sheets" for ad-hoc volunteer contributions.
- Why do we need to do this? Certain types of grants and sponsorships require matching "in-kind" contributions from us. In many cases, volunteer hours can be assigned an equivalent dollar value and satisfy this requirement - but only if we track them properly and efficiently. In 2017 - this translates to using a free purpose-built online portal.