- This month's Board meeting was held on May 13 by teleconference. There is no significant change to our current operating status.
- AMCC Board members will be attending "Return to Play" seminars hosted by Curling Canada / CurlMB in the next few weeks, and sharing information about what the upcoming season may look like when available.
- Current health restrictions will not allow us to hold an in-person Annual General Meeting in our usual late-June timeframe, with required 30 days' notice.
- Our Constitution does not allow us to hold an online version (and the Constitution cannot be amended without holding a member vote at the AGM).
- We are required to hold the AGM and file reports prior to October 24.
- The Board's current plan is to wait for the next phase of business re-opening to be announced by the province, and provide 30 days' notice of the AGM at that time.
An update for our members since we closed for the season on March 16:
- AMCC remains closed to the public as per Government of Manitoba public health orders. Ice removal and plant shutdown work has been completed, and repair work for damage to the east ice shed wall is being finalized with our insurance providers. We continue to communicate with the construction crew at the neighboring Bruce Oake recovery centre on a regular basis (whose staff remain authorized to utilize AMCC's parking lot - on a somewhat increased basis during the next few weeks).
- The Board of Directors continues to hold monthly meetings via teleconference - minutes may be found under the Members - Board of Directors... menu (you need to log in to the website to see it). Note that there is at least a one month delay between a meeting being held and minutes being posted.
- Be assured that we are continuing to plan for normal club operations beginning in September, to the extent that public officials allow us to do so. In support of that goal, a draft operating budget for the 2020-21 curling season has been reviewed and approved. Contingency plans are also being developed for various scenarios that could materialize due to future public health orders.Timing for the Annual General Meeting (normally held in late June) will be discussed at our May 13 Board meeting, with an announcement to be made shortly after.
If you have any questions about our club, please use our website contact form to send us an e-mail.
AMCC Board of Directors.