Written by Kevin Nakonechny
Feb 1: Cameras are currently not operational due to network equipment issues, and volunteer IT guy is busy playing in the Ironman Outdoor Curling Bonspiel this weekend. A quick fix will be tried on Friday evening, if not successful more extensive repair will be completed on Sunday.
Donations of equipment, time, and expertise from several anonymous sources have allowed AMCC to offer ice cameras on a "best effort" trial basis. The cameras have been installed to allow outside viewers to access live video streams of the Senior Men's and Women's Provincials, and Manitoba Stick Provincials, which will be held at AMCC early in 2018.
- Video is accessible from newer Android (Samsung, LG, etc using the Chrome web browser), iOS (Apple iPhone / iPad using the Safari web browser), and Windows 10 (using the Edge web browser) devices.
- The live streams are only accessible while you are within the building AND your device is connected to our free wi-fi network (AMCC / AMCC2 / AMCC3). Nobody outside the building can view the live images being captured by the cameras.
- There is a 2-3 second delay between the "live" event and the video stream.
- Live streams will be unavailable for about 5 minutes every 4 hours. The approximate time of the interruption is listed below the video player..
- Sorry - with the technology available, there is no way for us to provide a readable view of the score boards at this time (so efforts have been focused on making all 16 houses visible).
Click one of the images below to view live video:
Far End: Sheets 5-8 / 1-4
Home End: Sheets 1-4 / 5-8
We would love to hear your feedback on this item - click here to send us an e-mail (mention "ice cams" in the subject field).